One Day At A Time...

All for His Glory...

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Good Mornin'

So I haven't written in forever... I apologize once again...

there's not much to say lately...school's out! yipee! I'm trying to get refocused on a bunch of things which kind of means that I'm all over the place...

gotta toothache/gumache - going to see the magical dentist today - she's the best dentist in the whole world! she's squeezing me in.... or rather - she's staying late.... so hopefully I don't have to get oral surgery... pray that it's something she can handle so I don't have to be sent off to some scary oral surgeon. =(

what else? hmmm.... not much - I have to prepare for my tutoring session today - it should be fun - read some of the lion the witch and the wardrobe by CS Lewis, learn about monitoring while reading, do some fun word sorts to improve vocabulary, read a newpaper article to increase background knowledge and then work on some math word problems. Hopefully that will take up an hour and a half.... we'll see how it goes...

gotta catch up on some reading - I'm reading Eats Shoots and Leaves - it's pretty funny and entertaining - it's about punctuation... there are a couple of funny examples to prove the importance of punctuation:

A woman, without her man, is nothing.
A woman: without her, man is nothing.

Lynne Truss talks about how people misuse apostrophes all the time - like in supermarkets and advertisements... it's kind of funny how we become so used to it that we hardly pay attention to misuse of punctuation

But it's a good book to read and learn from, I totally have to brush up on my grammar before school starts again.

Anyway - this is becoming a boring blog so I'll write again when I have something more entertaining or exciting to share...

love
jkoahn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home